|FOUNDATION FOR INTELLIGENT PHYSICAL AGENTS||Reston|
|Source: L. Chiariglione|
Results of Reston meeting
1. Four application-oriented Technical Committees, in addition to the three existing technology-oriented Technical Committees, have been established:
|Personal travel assistance||Manuel Aparicio||IBM||US|
|Personal assistant||Paul Kearney||Sharp||UK|
|Audio-visual entertainment and broadcasting||Key-Sun Choi||KAIST||KR|
|Network management and provisioning||Jaap Mooij||KPN||NL|
2. The seven FIPA Technical Committees have produced parts 1 to 7 of FIPA '97 ver. 1.0 using a total of 14 submissions in response to FIPA's 2nd Call for proposals and comments to baseline draft FIPA 97 specifications.
3. The 7 FIPA '97 parts (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6 and part 7) have been publicly released and are posted on the FIPA home page. Comments to the documents are invited from members and non-members. Comments have to be received in electronic form (word or html format, the latter preferred) by 16 June 1997 to
and will be posted on the FIPA home page for access by members only. Non members making substantial comments to the documents will be invited to attend the next meeting.
4. A first draft of field trials for the 4 application areas selected for 1997 in the expected time frame for trials is mid-98 has been produced.
5. The IPR policy proposed by the Board of Directors has been adopted.
6. France Telecom has released the copyright of the FIPA Agent Communication Language.
7. A press release has been approved.
8. The next meeting will be held in Cheju, KR on 23-27 June and will be hosted by ETRI and KAIST. The next-to-next meeting will be held in Munich, DE on 06-10 October and will be hosted by Siemens.